International Wildlife Management
Habitat loss, disease management, predator-human conflict, illegal trade—these are among the many conservation challenges faced by wildlife experts around the world. But how wildlife professionals approach these issues has historically been geographically fragmented. By providing a broad perspective on issues faced by wildlife on an international scale, the authors of International Wildlife Management make vital connections, drawing attention to underlying causes and strategies for mitigation that may look surprisingly similar from Montana to Zimbabwe.
Bringing together wildlife professionals from around the globe to discuss shared challenges, International Wildlife Management
• examines widespread patterns of wildlife loss
• covers key conservation strategies, including species reintroduction, community engagement, and wildlife commerce
• explores the urgent concerns of climate change, habitat loss and fragmentation, invasive species, and poaching
• reviews major organizations involved in wildlife management at an international level, highlighting examples of cooperation among groups and nations in effective wildlife management efforts
• features stories of success and struggle from authors across 17 countries on 6 continents
This timely and thorough overview thinks big, assessing threats to wildlife on a global scale. Wild creatures don't recognize artificial geographic borders. This useful compendium demonstrates that researchers and scientists should follow their lead.
Contributors: Marissa C. G. Altmann, Walt Anderson, Victoria L. Atkin Dahm, Karen Bailey, Gabrielle Beca, Delwin E. Benson, Sandro Bertolino, Hsiang Ling Chen, Amar N. Choudhary, David Christianson, Colman O Criodan, Thomas Frazer, Mauro Galetti, José F. González-Maya, S. P. Goyal, Deborah M. Hahn, Menna Jones, Marta A. Jarzyna, Joseph M. Kiesecker, John L. Koprowski, Paul R. Krausman, Yves Lecocq, Shane P. Mahoney, Adriano Martinoli, Robert McCleery, Shekhar K. Niraj, David E. Naugle, John F. Organ, Shambhu Paudel, William F. Porter, Ronald J. Regan, Carlos Ruiz-Miranda, Andrea Santangeli, Shreya Sethi, Julie Shapiro, Uday Sharma, Craig Spencer, Ron Swaisgood, Chiachun Tsai, Bob van den Brink, Basile van Havre, Wouter van Hoven, Gonzalo Medina Vogel, Dun Wang, Lucas A. Wauters, Samantha Wisely, Wei Hua Xu, Tsuyoshi Yoshida, Diego A. Zárrate-Charry, Jing Jing Zhang, Patrick Zollner, Benjamin Zuckerberg